Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Instagram on Google Maps


InstaBrowsr is a nice little Google Maps application for finding photos submitted to Instagram around any location. The app was knocked up over the weekend so it is a little rough around the edges (e.g. the info windows don't always expand to accommodate all the photos) but I still like it a lot.

There have been a few other Instagram Google Maps developed but the one's I've seen before haven't allowed for the same fine degree of location searching as InstaBrowser. Using InstaBrowsr you can use the Google Map to find photos around any location. So if you want to see photos of your street submitted to Instagram you just need to locate your house on the map.

You can use the map to explore photos from any location. Want to see photos of the London Olympics site? Then just navigate to 'Stratford, London' on the map. Want to see photos of the Golden Gate Bridge? Then pan to or search for San Francisco. Simple!

4 comments:

Olog-hai said...

It's not working for me, and I tried with two different browsers. Scrolling reveals no pins anywhere. When I click on the map, I get a dialog box that says "oops," and then a phantom pin appears.

Keir Clarke said...

Yeah - I'm seeing the same thing now. It was working a couple of hours ago.

philippp said...

Sorry guys, I had to restart my server -- should be working now. I'll look into what's causing the clog-up tonight.

Jacob said...

I'm not seeing any pictures. I'd love be able to use this for some research I'm doing on photography across cultures.